Nina Foxx Coming to Charleston


Several weeks ago, I was contacted by Yolanda, who is a literary publicist for several African-American authors and Brown Girls Publishing.  She said she had an author who was interested in doing a book signing in Charleston and wanted to look for a location where it could happen.  She later told me it was Nina Foxx, who is coming to town in July for a visit.  I thought about places where it could happened and it dawned on me that I'm on the Board of Trustees for the county library.  We could have it at one of the libraries! Duh.

So I asked Gerald, who is over one of the library branches, to see if he can have it at his branch.  He was highly interested in having the event, as long as it wasn't during his vacation.  So I connected him with Yolanda via Facebook.  And a few days later we had a location, date and time!

Nina will be in (North) Charleston on July 2 (next Wednesday) at 6 p.m.  She will be speaking and signing her books, including her newest books Catfish and A Letter for My Mother.  She will also be singing books of her pseudonym, Cynnamon Foster.

If you are in the Charleston area (or know someone who lives in the area), please let them know about this wonderful event.  Hope to see you there!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2012 South Carolina Book Fesitval

National Book Club Conference 2011

10 Best Fiction Books of 2010